Job no: 493080
Work type: Permanent
The Regional Technology Lead for Tax and Legal provides strategic leadership to local tax and legal practices in an effort to advance the technology maturity of member firms across the Asia Pacific region. They will work collaboratively with Heads of Tax, Heads of Legal, and Tax Technology Leads across the region to enable the transformation of their Tax and Legal practices through technology solutions. The role needs to work closely with the Regional Compliance Leader and the Regional Compliance technology leader.
With the support of the ASPAC Tax Technology steering group, they will develop and implement a strategy to align the tax technology investments of member firms across the ASPAC region. They will strive to maintain regionally-agreed standards for tax and legal technology and foster a client-oriented approach to technology across the region through an adaptive and innovative culture. They will also support global initiatives and priorities around supporting clients to transform their tax functions through technology (known as ‘Tax Reimagined’), the development and delivery of Legal Services technology to serve the expanding legal footprint of KPMG member firms across ASPAC, as well as specific tax technology solutions for Asset Management and other key sectors.
The role involves:
• Representing the ASPAC region in the investment, development and deployment of global tax and legal technology solutions
• Developing and implementing a regional tax and legal technology strategy geared to establishing a benchmark level of technology maturity across the ASPAC region
• Ensuring a consistent and streamlined approach to the development of tax technology solutions in the ASPAC region (liaising as appropriate with the Global Tax and Legal technology teams).
• Working with and educating senior internal stakeholders on how tax technology can enhance the existing business practice and enable new service offerings
• Ensuring regional tax technology standards and governance are being met including data management, privacy, protection and disaster recovery
• Supporting the launch and marketing of new tax and legal technology solutions made available in the region, by local member firms
• Continuing the rollout, adaptation, training and first engagement execution of Tax Intelligence Solution (TIS) projects in the region
• Managing any financial/budget/resource contributions to the regional tax technology strategy
• Keeping abreast of competitor and technology solution provider activity/ use of technology in the regional market
• Being ahead of the tax and legal technology development curve, so as to predict future trends and identify and roadmap technologies for development, such as RPA, AI etc
• Attending monthly ASPAC Tax Technology Council phone conference meetings and report back on tax technology strategy implementation progress
• Leading and driving tax and legal technology events in ASPAC (e.g. Catalyst) to keep abreast of tax technology needs, development, solutions and trends in the region
• Developing and aligning the regional tax and legal technology strategy with other technology related initiatives at a local across the global network, e.g. Catalyst 10K Strong initiative
• Reporting into a regional steering committee made up of Heads of Tax, Heads of Legal and Tax Technology leads across the region
The ideal candidate should possess:
• An outcomes focused attitude, and a strong track record of building, developing and driving teams in the development, use and delivery of technology enabled services to clients
• A strong understanding of client needs and trends in the ASPAC region and an interest in Tax and legal applications
• A strong understanding of and experience working with technology including data and overall end-to-end solutions
• A track record of developing, implementing and marketing new tax technology solutions
• Experience building teams, developing people and leading change
• A strong understanding of the importance of data and the use of data in tax & legal related technology solutions
• The ability to deal with senior stakeholders, to influence and drive decisions
• Candidates do not necessarily need to have a tax (or legal) background, but they do need experience in organising, developing and delivering technology solutions to different stakeholder groups.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the KPMG Talent Acquisition team.
Advertised: 09 May 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Jul 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement