A career with KPMG is more than just a job. It opens the door to bigger opportunities, experiences and rewards. So step up to a bigger world with us.
If you're a qualified individual with the talent and ambition we want, KPMG has the career opportunities you deserve. Join us to leverage our global presence as one of the leading professional services firms, as well as our established reputation for enabling clients not only to adapt in a radically changing world, but to flourish in it.
KPMG in Singapore is part of a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With over 200,000 outstanding professionals in the network working together to deliver value in 154 countries and territories, we offer a globally-consistent standard of service based on professional capabilities, industry insight and local knowledge. In the ASEAN region, KPMG member firms operate across all 10 countries.
Our industry focus helps KPMG firms’ professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.
Job no: 504328
Work type: Permanent
KPMG’s Audit professionals provide timely and accurate information for corporate governance and financial reporting. Our clients leverage our specialist knowledge in audit, accounting and regulatory compliance to manage their business risks.
Our clients include local listed and private companies, as well as multinational companies from the United States, Europe and throughout Asia engaged in various industries. These include financial services such as REITS, foreign banks and insurance, technology, manufacturing, energy, logistics and consumer goods.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Optimise staff utilisation of the business unit by making staffing decisions in support of the deployment strategy for the business
- Propose assigned professionals with current or near-term availability to engagements that align with their skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences
- Own and manage resource requests for the business unit by validating requirements, searching for candidates, and presenting candidates for consideration
- Supervise and guide resource management team-mates in filling open resource requests by proposing candidates and responding to requests for information promptly
- Advise engagement teams on how best to navigate and engage in the resource management processes, and make recommendations for improved outcomes
- Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative staffing alternatives and negotiating with engagement teams and professional
- Influence engagement managers and professionals to accept an alternate staffing outcome by articulating the value, long-term plan and benefits
- Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to BU Resource Management Leaders as appropriate
- Actively maintain one-on-one relationships with assigned professionals in order to develop detailed understanding of the professional’s goals and preferences, as well as to provide deployment-related career coaching
- Support ongoing firm-wide resource management initiatives, as available and needed knowledge of Business and Unit Operations
- Maintain understanding of the markets, service offerings and professional skills profiles within the business unit and across KPMG
- Maintain knowledge of other business units in the firm that are relevant to the skills and experience of assigned professionals for the purpose of cross-staffing
- Maintain knowledge of the engagements pipeline in the business unit in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand
- Proactively review staffing data and develop meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and area of concerns
- Collaborate with other business unit resource management teams to provide BU Resource Management Leaders with resource management insights and recommendations
- Supervise resource management team-mates to provide a smooth onboarding and first employment experience to our new hiresand work with internal parties on administrative, training and human resource matters
- Communicate with BU Performance Management Leaders on professional performance and career goals
- Participate actively in the performance management process by providing relevant input on professional’s participation in the staffing process, compliance with administrative requirements, utilisation and other performance considerations
- Provide BU Resource Management Leaders with all relevant utilisation, engagement, and professional information that may impact decision making and forecasting
- Support and work with BU Resource Management Leaders on forecasting and other analysis as needed
- Monitor staff movements and training attendance
- Perform any ad hoc duties as requested by BU Resource Management Leaders
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others
- Strong competency in core professional skills, especially: attention to details, responsiveness, follow through, flexibility, initiative and tact
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks appropriately
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with large teams
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
All applications will be held in strict confidence.
Advertised: 26 Nov 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement