A career with KPMG is more than just a job. It opens the door to bigger opportunities, experiences and rewards. So step up to a bigger world with us.
If you're a qualified individual with the talent and ambition we want, KPMG has the career opportunities you deserve. Join us to leverage our global presence as one of the leading professional services firms, as well as our established reputation for enabling clients not only to adapt in a radically changing world, but to flourish in it.
KPMG in Singapore is part of a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. With over 219,000 outstanding professionals in the network working together to deliver value in 147 countries and territories, we offer a globally-consistent standard of service based on professional capabilities, industry insight and local knowledge. In the ASEAN region, KPMG member firms operate across all 10 countries.
Our industry focus helps KPMG firms’ professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.
Job no: 504838
Work type: Permanent
We invite highly motivated and dynamic professionals with relevant experience to join our Tax Transformation team playing a critical role in the development of improved tax reporting processes across all functions of tax. Our objective is to elevate our overall technology capabilities while providing new and innovative solutions to alleviate previously manual tasks. Working in the Tax Transformation team will provide opportunities to develop in-depth understanding of tax processes, system and tool development and the implementation of critical internal and external solutions.
In this role, you will be involved in analysing tax function business models in order to design and implement effective tax processes. Successful candidates should have a passion for all things data; from database architecture and data extraction to high value analytics, data mining and predictive analytics.
The successful candidate will:
• Partner with the business across all functions of tax to identify and clearly articulate tax requirements and help with the development of technology solutions to to meet their overall objectives of the tax optimisation projects
• Evaluate and document current and future state tax processes across all areas of compliance and reporting both internally and external clients
• Effectively plan and execute on key aspects of the project and optimisation initiatives to ensure successful implementations within the required timeframes
• Successfully implement the tax requirements defined by the business into the various systems and tools to assist with the automation of tax business processes, workflows and data quality throughout all tax processes
• Analyse complex problems, and share creative and innovative solutions to solve client's problems
• Be curious about technology and have a passion for improving business processes
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across all functions internally and externally with confidence;
• Effectively lead training and communication with end users as part of the overall product delivery
• Lead the design, development and execution of the end-to-end test scenarios on various tax technology applications
The ideal candidate should:
• Possess a recognised bachelor’s degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information System, Statistics, Accountancy, Finance, or similar quantitative field of study
• At least 4 years of recent related experience within the in finance, technology or project management
• Tax background is preferred with basic knowledge of tax regulations and tax function operations to be able to effectively communicate with the stakeholders
• Strong Excel capabilities and a team player
• Demonstrated success leading, developing and implementing technology solutions
• Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
• Proven ability to communicate complex requirements to diverse stakeholders at multiple levels
• Possess the ability to think critically and solve problems in a creative and logical manner
• Demonstrate a growth mindset and an attitude for constantly striving for continuous improvement and optimal re-design of work processes
• Have a positive attitude, willingness to learn and take on responsibilities that may be outside the scope of your current skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team and personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes.
Advertised: 16 Nov 2020 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement